A Cleaner World Blog
We Do Other Stuff Besides Dry Cleaning
When I tell folks that I work for a dry cleaner, I always feel like I’m selling A Cleaner World short. After all, we don’t just dry clean clothes, and when it comes to dry cleaning, there’s way more to it than just putting the clothes into a machine.
Beyond Dry Cleaning
- Professional Wet Cleaning. Professional wet cleaning isn’t like throwing your favorite t-shirt in the washer with a little bit of detergent. It’s a specialized and time-consuming process that requires three things – the proper training, the proper equipment, and the proper supplies. It’s a safe option for cleaning wool, silks, cashmere, linens and other delicate fabrics, plus it makes white garments appear whiter and brighter.
- Wedding Gowns. Your wedding dress will likely be the most expensive garment you’ll ever own, and it will hold a special place in your heart. When you drop off your wedding gown at A Cleaner World, it is cleaned using the safest, most effective cleaning and preservation processes. Your gown will be nicely packaged in a museum quality box, ready for you to take home and store in cool, dry place.
- Formal Wear. There’s something special about being invited to an event that requires formal wear. A Cleaner World can take away the worry when it comes to caring for these special pieces. Whether it’s a formal gown, tuxedo, prom dress, cocktail dress, or a homecoming dress, we will ensure that you not only look your best but that your formal wear will last much longer.
- Alterations. Besides repairing seams or tears, replacing buttons, or inserting a new zipper, we can transform a dated piece into something current and new. Altering your garments can not only save you time and money it can also extend the life of cherished pieces, including giving another family member or friend the opportunity to wear an heirloom wedding gown.
- Rug Cleaning. Did you know that not properly caring for your Oriental and Area Rugs will cause them to wear out more quickly? Professional rug cleaning removes soil, contaminants, and pet hair, helping your rug maintain its original look.
- Free Storage. Short on closet space? A Cleaner World will store your out-of-season clothes at no charge, all you pay for is the price of cleaning.
- Flag Cleaning. Not many folks seem to know this, but we do advertise it periodically and have provided this service for as long as I can remember. We clean all American Flags (as long as they can fit into the dry-cleaning machine) for free!
- Suede and Leather. Suede and leather items aren’t just a garment, they are also an investment. That’s why it’s so important to provide the proper care to prolong their life. We utilize specialists that pick up and deliver your cleaned suede and leather garments to our stores.
- Household Items. Not only can we clean your clothes we can also take care of your blankets, comforters, duvets, rugs, table linens, and draperies.
Whew! That’s quite a list, and I’m sure I’ve forgotten something. Just think of us as a one-stop shop for all your fabric related needs.