A Cleaner World Blog
Last Minute Wedding Gown Prep
Picking up your wedding gown in preparation for your big day can be exciting, but it can also be nerve-racking. After all, you’ll need to keep it safe until the big day. Here are some important tips to follow from the day you pick it up to the moment you walk down the aisle to say, “I do.”
How to Prepare Your Dress for the Big Day
- Take your gown out of the bag and hang it somewhere safe, away from dirty little fingers and curious four-legged critters. Wrap your dress in a clean, white sheet or muslin to protect it from light and dust; two fitted sheets pinned together are even easier to manage.
- At least a week before your wedding, put together an emergency kit to take to the venue. Include things like aspirin to band-aids to super glue to help you deal with any sort of emergency that might arise. Here is a link to an incredibly thorough list.
- Check your gown and accessories several days before the wedding, and make sure you know where everything is and that it’s ready to wear. Hang your veil near the shower to smooth any wrinkles.
- Wear your shoes around the house so that you will be comfortable on the day of your wedding. If the soles are slippery, be sure to rough them up.
- Arrange for someone (without a fresh manicure or dark nail polish) to help you dress into your gown.
- Look at how your wedding gown is supposed to be bustled and show whoever is helping you dress how to bustle it too. Try pinning five or six safety pins to the underside of your gown. If they don’t show, they will be handy if someone steps on your train and breaks the bustle.
- Allow plenty of time to get dressed and allow even more time if it is raining.
- Enjoy your day! If something goes wrong, (and believe me, it will) don’t stress about it. Your family and friends are there to celebrate with you, and they won’t notice wrinkles, stumbles, or spills on your wedding gown.