A Cleaner World Blog
How Do You Treat Your Clothes?
Whether you utilize A Cleaner World’s wash and fold, dry cleaning, or wet cleaning services or you clean all your garments at home, cleaning, drying, and pressing aren’t the only things you do to care for your garments. While it’s true that we have the skills to make your clothes look and feel their best by creating a crispness that cannot be duplicated at home, what we do or what happens in your washer and dryer aren’t the only things involved in clothing care.
It’s important to pay attention to things that occur before you dress or while you are wearing your clothes. If you don’t, it could lead to a favorite item no longer being wearable.
- Make note of stains from spills like white wine, fruit or fruit juices, and soft drinks. These invisible stains require special attention to keep them from permanently discoloring your garment. Point them out to us at drop off, or if you are caring for garments at home, check to make sure the spill has been completely removed before placing the item in the dryer.
- Address stains and spills as soon as possible. The longer a spill sits on a garment, the more difficult it becomes to remove.
- Never iron a stained or soiled garment. The heat from the iron will cause the stain to set, making it more difficult to remove.
- Perspiration can cause whites to yellow and dyes in fabric to change color. If you perspire while wearing a garment, be sure to wash or dry clean as soon as possible after wearing.
- Allow lotion, antiperspirant, perfume, and hairspray to completely dry before getting dressed. Many of these products contain ingredients that can lead to color loss.
- Protect clothing from prolonged exposure to direct sunlight or strong artificial lights. Both can lead to color loss or change.
- Always clean clothing before placing in storage. This will prevent insects from causing holes in the fabric and the stains from aging and discoloring.
- Clean all matching pieces together to insure uniform wear.
So many rules and so much to think about when it comes to caring for your clothes. The good news is that you have A Cleaner World to remind you of these important tips and to help you always look your best. Follow this link to sign up for weekly Wild Wednesday reminders and monthly newsletters for cost savings and tips on how to keep your clothes looking like new.